The Family Outreach Resource Centre is a drop in centre offering programs for families with children from age 0 – 6. All of our programs are FREE of charge.
The Family Outreach Resource Centre offers:
- drop-in playgroups at our playroom on O’Connell Drive on Tuesday afternoon and Friday Morning.
- outreach playgroups at St. Mary’s Church in Curling on Wednesday morning and Humber United Church on Thursday morning.
- We also offer a Kindergarten readiness program for four years olds, called “Ready, Set, Play”. This program is offered twice a year and runs for twelve weeks.
- Age specific child programs are also offered such as Toddler Art, Tool Time, Crafty Cooking, and Fitness Fun. Please check our newsletters to see which programs are currently offered. We try to make sure we offer a program suited to each age group at least once per year.
- We also have a toy lending library on-site
- Throughout the year we plan special activities for families such as: Halloween Spooktacular, Santa’s Workshop, Family Movie Day, Tea Parties, Easter Egg Hunt, Family Sliding, Skating, and Camping Trips.
Our centre helps to support families by offering chances for children to socialize with other children, and gives parents the opportunity to meet other families. Our playroom and outreach playgroups are set up with areas to provide a chance for your child to paint, play with play dough, play house, build with blocks, and have fun. Our playroom on O’Connell drive includes a sand table and a water table. Each playgroup includes a snack, and a chance to share songs and fun at Circle Time.
All staff at the centre have completed Early Childhood Education training and have First Aid and CPR. Transportation is available for some programs.
Here at the Family Outreach Resource Centre we offer a variety of Parent and Family programs from September thru June on a rotating and on-going basis.
Our goal is to enhance positive parenting skills. All programs are free of charge, and most times childcare and transportation is provided.
Some of the programs that we have offered include:
-Level Best Club
-How to Drug Proff Your Kids
-Make the Connection
-How to talk so kids will listen
-First aid/ Infant CPR
-Parents Night Out
-A variety of parent information sessions with special guest speakers/community partners.
-A Family Fun Day Event held in August
For more information on any of these programs please call in or, visit the newsletter section to see the present schedule.
*CAR SEAT CLINICS
Car seat clinics will be held the second Friday afternoon of every month. This is a drop in service running from 1:30pm - 3:00pm. If you are pregnant and need a car seat installed you must make arrangements by 32 weeks of pregnancy. There is no guarantee we will be able to install your seat before baby arrives otherwise.
Family Outreach Resource Centre Contacts:
Paula Matchim - Family Outreach Resource Centre Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
– Family Resource Worker - email@example.com
Shelly Hynes – Community Worker - firstname.lastname@example.org