The South Shore Family Outreach Resource Centre is a drop in centre that provides support and programs for families with children ages 0 – 6.
All of our programs are FREE of charge.
The South Shore Family Outreach Resource Centre offers:
- Outreach playgroups at the Town Hall in Benoit’s Cove on Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.
- Outreach playgroups at the Town Hall in Lark Harbour on Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
- We also offer a Kindergarten readiness program for four years olds, called “Ready, Set, Play”.
- Age specific child programs are also offered such as Toddler Art, Tool Time, Crafty Cooking, and Fitness Fun. Please check our newsletters to see which programs are currently offered.
- We have a book lending library.
Our centre helps to support families by offering chances for children to socialize with other children, and gives parents the opportunity to meet other families. Our outreach playgroups are set up with areas to provide a chance for your child to paint, play with play dough, play house, build with blocks, and have fun. Each playgroup includes a snack, and a chance to share songs and fun at Circle Time.
Healthy Baby Club is a prenatal program promoting healthy lifestyles during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. Our goal is to help women have the healthiest babies possible and give pregnant women a chance to enjoy group support. Healthy Baby Club is free and open to women of all ages.
Public Health Nurse support
Follow-up after birth
There is currently space available in this program. Please call for more information or to register for this program.
Southshore Family Outreach Resource Centre:
Sonya Perrett - firstname.lastname@example.org
South Shore News & Events